Sign in to follow this  

Hi I have İntel Core i7 2600 (not k)@3.40 ghz up to 3.80 ghz with turbo 3401 mhz i have 8 gb of ram at 1333 Mhz ı am thinking to change my graphic card ı have Asus Nvidia GTS 450 and its performance is very bad im having 9 fps on mega airport schipol with pmdg 737 ngx whic graphic card do you reccomend i am thinking about GTX 590 or GTX 670 what did you think about it how many frames will ı have at this time

Id suggest getting a sealed water cooling system and overclocking that CPU, and then get a GTX 670 OC version (many reports suggest the 670 OC performance comes very close to the GTX680 cards) but for less $$. Bumping up your CPU speed and improving your video card should help though. You have the PMDG737 NGX (which is a known killer of performance on slower machines) tied in with a detailed scenery package, both running at the same time. So you are going to need to boost your system speed and graphics capability to better handle the load.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Id suggest getting a sealed water cooling system and overclocking that CPU

Not a K.

Not a K.

Yes, you are right. I stand corrected :)

In that case, a video card upgrade alone will likely produce a benefit, but potentially not as much as a CPU speed increase. You'll get better bandwidth to handle textures and generally be able to improve the look of the sim via higher resolution, AA, filtering etc without seeing a degradation in performance.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

I highly recommend the EVGA 670 FTW. Comes very close to the 680 for $100 less. Just used one in a recent Fsx dedicated build. However, Fsx relies more on CPU clock speed than anything. I'm thinking you should be able to purchase a "K" processor such as the I5 3570K and a mid-range GPU like the 660ti for close to the price of a high end graphics card.