Sign in to follow this  
RogerA

ORBX Wales released.

Looks great apart from Cardiff airport where there is some non-Dx10 compatible grass. The directive is to disable grass in the airport control panel.

If it looks the same as FTX England, I am going to pass.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

ORBX is the best there is so far, especially for the low 'n' slow flyers. Perhaps you'd enlighten us with your preference?

ORBX is the best there is so far, especially for the low 'n' slow flyers. Perhaps you'd enlighten us with your preference?

Horizon Simulations photoreal without doubt

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

For me that's a cartoon and one season only...but each to our own.

For me that's a cartoon and one season only...but each to our own.

This is a Dx10 forum.

This is a Dx10 forum.

Thank you NCooper. If you read the header my post explained what is required to make EGFF work in Dx10. Is that a good enough reason to post in the Dx10 forum?

I too have mixed feelings about OrbX but those who love it are welcome and those who do not are welcome too.

I doubt there will ever be a consensus as to which is "better".

The OrbX forum is where its users will look for solutions to any problems.

Sadly IMHO ORBX England is not a good add-on for "low 'n' slow" VFR flyers. It gives a general "feeling" of what England should look like but for anyone who lives here it is pretty useless as most points of interest used for VFR navigation are missing.

I'll also stick to my Horizon VFR photoscenery with Trees addon. That's what we use for PPL training in our flying school sim.

Clearly we're not all looking for the same thing. I moved to FsX/Acc because at last it seemed the scenery had the potential to look as good as the best aircraft could. It didn't really happen until ORBX started with Australia and I picked up the Tasmania demo. Bought quite a lot since then.

So for me it's more about how it looks than whether its totally accurate. I live close to EGCD (until they bulldoze it) and its accurate enough for me and a great escape after a hard day's work.