Sign in to follow this  
Premier

Live switches and button oddity

Hi all. Flying the NGX 738W and have come across an unusual thing, that I am sure has an easy explanation. I am using EZYDOK to switch between views in the VC. When I am in the pilots eye view, I created in EZYDOK, none of the buttons or switches work or animate (Doesn't change to a hand cursor) Yet if I switch to any other view inside the VC (also created in Ezydok) All the switches animate and turn/click etc. Just wondering if I have missed something.

Also, I would like to assign Toggle1/Toggle2 on a Saitek x52 pro to the idle/cutoff levers. Cant see the settings in the assignments in FSX. Is this possible?

Many thanks,

Chris

Perth, Western Australia

Also, I would like to assign Toggle1/Toggle2 on a Saitek x52 pro to the idle/cutoff levers. Cant see the settings in the assignments in FSX. Is this possible?

You'll find those keyboard shortcuts not in the FSX settings, but in the NGX configuration pages -- accessible using the CDU. From the main MENU, go to PMDG SETUP -> OPTIONS -> KEY COMMANDS -> CONTROL STAND -> NEXT PAGE. You will have to use your Saitek control software, FSUIPC, or something similar to map your joystick buttons to the appropriate keyboard keys (you can't map buttons directly to an NGX key command, as far as I know).

HTH.

1. Hey thanks Lek. Ill investigate this option and see if I can get it to work. Cheers Chris

Yes that worked great, thanks! Did it thru fsuipc.

When I am in the pilots eye view, I created in EZYDOK, none of the buttons or switches work or animate (Doesn't change to a hand cursor)

Is this particular view maybe zoomed out too far? I noticed that if I zoom out too far, I can't operate the panel with the mouse anymore.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Yes I think that was it Stefan, I have redone the view and its all good now :rolleyes: