Sign in to follow this  
F50ACE

Addon Builder wont work

Hey,

I've been using the Flight toolkit recently and since windows did some updates the program crashes. I open a current project and go to add item, and make new liveries for exsiting A/C and click next and the program crashes. Has anyone else been having this issue? In event viewer it is listed as app error and .NET runtime error.

F50ACE

Welcome to Avsim!

I have recently performed a windows update with no affect on Addon builder. Could you list the specific error code?

Also, what operating system are you using and what type of system?

Finally, you can also submit the error at the addon manager website. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hey,

The system I am using is Windows 7 64bit on a laptop. I just talked to 2 of my friends on Flight who are former software engineers and they are having the same issue. Btw, I did submit this to the dev's support email but no response so far.

Here's the error codes with stack unwinding:

Faulting application name: AddonBuilder.exe, version: 0.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x51329058
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b83c8a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0xefc
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce235a56731b00
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\AddonBuilder.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: a07c13a0-8f4d-11e2-b9b3-00236ca25728

Application: AddonBuilder.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at FlightToolkit.AddonBuilder.MainWindow.Click_AddItem(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at FlightAddonBuilder.App.Main()

F50ACE

The designer comes here fairly often. Hopefully this info will be helpful to him in tracking down the issue.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks, I already have made several liveries, but when I was going to repackage them is when I found the error.

Did you make sure that flight (and addonbuilder) were shut down while repackaging? (silly question)

Devons rig

Yes, Flight was shut down when I was doing all of this(Flight must be off for manager to work), but I was trying to take the 2 cub and 3 maule liveries and combine them into 2 addon files for easier download.

Hmmmmmmm...... I am not sure you can do that unless they were made part of a package originally in the addonbuilder.

Devons rig

What I am doing is renaming the liveries I already made and combining them into mutlilivery packages. Already did this for the F4U.

In the meantime, I might try this: (Try doing this in a new folder, for clarity)

1) In addonbuilder Create a livery using the new name you are trying to combine your files under.

2) At the end of creating the new livery, do not close addon builder. Simply hit New again and create a second livery.

3) Repeat until you have all the liveries you intend to group together listed with the names you intend to finally use. Hit save.

4) You should now have a new folder in which all these new "dummy" liveries are contained.

5) Transfer the contents (Not the folders) of your already completed liveries to these newly created folders.

You should now have folders containing the correct files correctly created as a group in addon builder. (you can now use addonbuilder to inject them into flight and test them)

Export with the addon builder. If it crashes, export to your desktop instead.

This might (well it should) work.

Devons rig

Hiflyer,

The addon builder crashes when I try to add any new livery to a pack. If I want to modify a exsiting addon with new liveries it crashes. Btw, I already do what you have listed. The only fesible option is to move to a different computer that has not been updated because this issue arose when windows did updates on the 13th of March, and I can transfer files to and from the 2 laptops. Btw, I have a friend that has XP and the builder won't work for him period.

F50ACE

I didn't catch that it did not work at all, as when you mentioned the F4U, it seemed you were successful. As for the update, I can only mention again that I received the same updates with no matching issue so far, raising at least the possibility that it may not be specifically related to that.

Devons rig

Yea, everthing I made up until the 13th still works, and as for the update, at least 2 other people I know starting having this issue after the most recent windows update and they're running 7 as well. Btw, here's the screenshots of everything I've done so far with the gold tails being someone else's. (you may notice a trend)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3968B1F20EBAEFDA!109&authkey=!AIDO1PzihKjCtJw

I'm still testing them and tweaking them, but until the builder is working again I can't do anything. Most of everything I've been doing is in camo.