Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Starting the V35B from cold and dark

Good morning,

For some obscure reason, I cannot start the V35B from cold and dark.

I have tried every trick in the book in know off but without succes.

- Battery is on,

- Fueltank selected (both or middle position)

- aux fuelpump running

- mixture full rich

When I turn the ignition, starter engine comes to live but dies after 2 turns of the propellor.

So I tried loading the aircraft in the freeflight screen, I have tried to load a default cessna (running engine) and switching to the Bonanza once the flight has loaded, I have tried the default cessna with no engine running... It all results in the same situation. Once I cut the engine of the Bonanza, there is one one way to get it running again and that is CTL+E

All help appreciated

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

Not sure if this is your issue, but almost all my engine start problems were solved by increasing the engine starter torque value  in the aircraft config file - if you search the site I am sure you will find some posts regarding this fix - or just try upping the value by 10-15% at a time and see if you can get it to start for you...

Regards,

Chris B.

aka - "Flapsdown"

Hello

Not sure if the above reply solved the problem, but I couldn't get the engine to start manually either.  However I have discovered that if you keep the starter engaged for longer (keep the key fully turned for longer) it eventually starts for me.

By the way, I have found that neither the starter-engaged light nor the alternator light illuminate.  Anyone know a fix for this?