Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dee Waldron

What are some of your other hobbies?

'nother musician here, guitar/bass for the last 15 yrs - not really a hobby per se, but still my first love.Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest AAF

Hey that's really cool, man! Here I thought I was the only AVSIM user that was in to progressive rock! I too enjoy Dream Theater, but I am mostly in to more heavy stuff. Like TOOL. And I have a question for you- how do you like your Ibanez? I am thinking of getting an electric guitar, and I have been looking at Ibanez's. I will be taking lessons, as well. Anyway, how do Iban's perform? That's what I am curious of. Thanks!

A very good topic!All I can say is...SAILING!BTW. Does anyone know about sailing opportunities in or around Toronto as I'm moving there to my wife in a not too short amount of time. :-) Coming from the most beautiful archipelago in the world (And by that I mean the Stockholm one) I am somewhat picky...Regards

I collect old gas station signs. Right now i have a 76 sign, a Mobil sign, a Phillips 66 sign, and a shell sign

Well, most of the time, I'm repairing computers, but I enjoy cars a lot. Just doing some rides, or working a bit on the mechanic, it changes from motherboard lol.status.php?id=817863&indicator=OD1&a=a.jEtienne BouchardWeb AdministratorAircraft ModelVirtual][/font

FlyingGolfingFlyingGuitarFlyingSailingFlyingComputersFlyingand last but not least...flying

Guest mikehaska

Along with skiing and classical guitar, my other love is modelling...Scale modelling, though ;-) I've done jets, boats, and space vehicles, but my main love are the Trek models!I'm working on the Excelsior at the moment...http://www.drublair.com/images/excelsior.jpg(Such a beauty :-bla)I've got the Mirand and Nebula classes on the horizon, and by then Polar Lights will have released the new NX-01 model... my life is good :-)

Guest Pardue802

Well, I have a particular interest in genealogy. Always fascinated me to know about my roots. I think the highlight is discovering a particular similar-surnamed individual by the name of Nicholas Pardue listed in Foxe's Book of Martyr's as being burned at the stake in 1557 Canterbury, England. Okay, kind of depressing, but fascinating to know of one's family history to that degree. I've got my own personal family history directly traced back to John Perdieu, born in 1685 in England and migrated to America.Other than that, I enjoy drawing/painting, though it's been some time since I've been able to afford to do that, and also building/rebuilding computer hardware. I also have an interest in archaeology and natural history, but that's just for 'light reading.'Of course, she'd be insulted if I left her out, I also have my fiancee that consumes much of my time. :-bigangel

Guest rbbarker

I referee rugby.Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special Projects & KBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlines

Guest daveg4otu

I'm yet another guitarist- there seem to be a lot of them answering this thread.I my case it's Country & Western as the music of choice.Nothing fancy in the way of gear- got a Hohner XIIPro 12 string electric, and a 1965 Eko Florentine(Semi-acoustic Electric).Also I'm a radio ham(some of you might have guessed that from the Screen name),I build PCs,and I have a website about the history of aviation in the counties of Hampshire and Dorset UK:You can visit this athttp://daveg4otu.tripod.com/hampshireairfields/Dave

Guest Elderberry

Ham radio although I've been mostly inactive since getting into computers.MikeKC5SF

Guest TOMCAT

Hmm,WalkingHikingBikingRiding my motorbike (just a small one)PhotographyRC-SubmarinesSounds all nice, but currently I'm doing (too) little of them all including flightsim. Think it's related to my ongoing frustration about my job training (I'm supposed to become an avionics technician - but the company seems to have screwed up almost everything right now and the perspectives in the aviation industry are a little bit gloomy at the moment :-( ).Ahh - stop whining. FS 2004 is just around the corner, no, down the street ;-) (in my local post office). Going to pick it up on Monday :-) .CU Thomas :-wave

Guest ENZV

At time beeing I have quite a lot of hobbies.My main interest is playing trombone, something that I have done in the last 8 years. I really like playing jazz & improvise, but also like to play in classical symphonies. I play in two different bands.Second hobby is athlethics, especially mid-distance running like 1500 metres and 800 metres. Also try to use more time on real aviaition, I'll see what the future brings. :-)interesting post & reading btw.

Wow, this is fascinating.I play "at" guitar as well. Strictly a home / hobby thing.If you're interested, here are some pretty crude recordings of my improvisations.Also, RW flying out of CNC3 (ppl received 2 years ago), golf (playing for 35+ years), reading, computers, movies, and music (listening).Mikehttp://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?t=n...m/mstramba/&d=f

Guest Vulcho

Skating (Rollerblading). I love to sk8. This summer I went to Philly and skated with 700+ other people along the strees there. I also do night skating around town. On the 4th of July I skated for 15 hours in 90degree weather and equal percentage of himidity.Other hobbies also include: Swimming, Biking, Running, Reading. and learning about aviation and all the tricks of the trade.