Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Pretty weird autogen building choices!

Question 1 of 2.

Hi all-

Got XP10 yesterday and fired it up when I got home...

A lot of fun so far - just wanted to ask, though, how the heck what guides the buildings that are placed?

I was under the impression that the lanscape was populated based on some sort of geographic division, e.g. "Park" or "Residential".

However, (and of course I looked at my own neighborhood first) I'm seeing the inner part of our neighborhood filled with what look like mobile homes, and the outer part filled with "normal houses" (correct) but interspersed with small industrial warehouses! Lol...

Also, lots of what I know to be relatively rural areas, including farm land, dotted with small clusters of high-rises...

Well, anyway, it's like a dream or something. Would like to see this addressed.

I too am turned off by the lack of dicipline with autogen. Not very plausible but hopefully it will be addressed.

Bob