Sign in to follow this  
CalCoastFlightSim

Help Downloading World of AI

I've gotten to the point where I'm ready to pick the packages I want to download but I don't know where to go and what to do next. I have all my airlines downloaded and ready to go.

Since WOAI models were originally for fs9, the WOAI models will DRASTICALLY slow down fsx anyway.

My advice would be to get some up to date models. (Such as Ut2, or mytraffic 2013

Since WOAI models were originally for fs9, the WOAI models will DRASTICALLY slow down fsx anyway.

My advice would be to get some up to date models. (Such as Ut2, or mytraffic 2013

That is sssooooooooo un-true it's not even funny.

FYI, some of the models in UT2 and MT13 are the same models used in WOAI.

JSkorna, on 05 Apr 2013 - 10:22, said:

That is sssooooooooo un-true it's not even funny.

FYI, some of the models in UT2 and MT13 are the same models used in WOAI.

Obviously not, It's a very well known problem: when using AI models made for FS9 in FSX, together with a scenery that has a custom textured runway, the AI will not appear, unless you turn "Airplane Shadows" to OFF, AND the traffic is much, much slower in FSX, fps wise.

If you use an AI package with models made for FSX, like the latest My Traffic X or Ultimate Traffic 2, the problems don't manifest, like if using FSX default AI, which are of course FSX models.

I've gotten to the point where I'm ready to pick the packages I want to download but I don't know where to go and what to do next. I have all my airlines downloaded and ready to go.

You say you're ready to "pick your packages" but then you say you have your "airlines ready to go". ?? If you have your airlines already downloaded, then download the WoAI installer, un zip it, click on the WoAI Installer file and start installing your airlines. Really not complicated.

It can all be found here. http://www.world-of-ai.com/

It's all OK. He is up and running per a post at another major forum.

Obviously not, It's a very well known problem: when using AI models made for FS9 in FSX, together with a scenery that has a custom textured runway, the AI will not appear, unless you turn "Airplane Shadows" to OFF, AND the traffic is much, much slower in FSX, fps wise.

I have to disagree, I haven't noticed much bigger FPS hit with with World of AI models combined with UT2 (which includes a lot of them by default too, even if somewhat updated for FSX)

There is a bit of a performance hit using FS9 AI models in FSX, but it's still way better than having to look at some of the hideous FSX AI models in most of the payware AI programs.

WOAI is an excellent way to start your AI experience, build a base of models and repaints then you can always update both repaints and plans with current stuff.

UT2 uses models recompiled for FSX, they aren't the same as the FS9 versions at all but repaints can still be used between both.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS