Sign in to follow this  
suddste

Never any weather reports

I can't really tell what the file types are since you do not have extensions enabled.

Sharing AND Security ... Can you please just confirm Everyone has Full Control on your GRIB folder.

I guess there is no OpusWeatherReport due to the fact that you do not have any DAT files because your FSDECODER program is blocked or not compatible. Can you please confirm for sure that your GRIB data is being reported as Extracted and Decoded OK in the Spy, and not something like Unable To... Is being reported. Please check BOTH sharing and security on the folder, both have to be set. Also your FSDECODER program must match the current install.

I assume you have tried to uninstall, download version 3 afresh and reinstall, making sure all your EXEs have been removed during the uninstall, if they are not then that could indicate a blocked file which will then not match the new installation.

Stephen

I've just noticed you have installed OpusFSX in ...

C:\Flight Simulator\Addons and Programs\OpusFSX

You cannot do this .... It must be installed in its own folder as instructed in the Getting Started Guide.

The software simply cannot create the DAT files in this protected program's folder.

Please uninstall, then move your folder to c:\OpusFSX, then reinstall in this folder.

Stephen

ive now reinstalled to the C:\ drive with sharing and permissions all set up.

Dear oh dear, computers eh!

It now says GRIB is disabled at present on the report window. I enable it in OpusFSX and press ok and the message is still there. I go and check and the box is unticked again!

EDIT: Scratch all that, it all works now!

Do you have the auto options enabled? From your screenshot it looks like all the GRIB and METARS download fine. Could you post a shot in sim with the OPUSFSIReport window open and at the various sections?

Do you have the auto options enabled? From your screenshot it looks like all the GRIB and METARS download fine. Could you post a shot in sim with the OPUSFSIReport window open and at the various sections?

Sorry my bad, it works now!

Excellent. I might have missed it but what was the solution?

No solution as it has just stopped working again! But were on the right track as it did work once

It seems as though the weather is not showing in fsx anymore

GEN  General process monitoring has been enabled ...
 GEN  Licenced User Name : 
 GEN  Licenced Order No. : 
 SIM  Connected to Simulator
 SIM  Air Folder = PMDG 737-800NGX WL
 MET  GRIB Data File Downloaded for 23 April 2013, Cycle 12:00 Zulu
 MET  Extracting GRIB Forecast: Tropopause ...
 MET  Extracting GRIB Forecast: Level 1 ...
 MET  Extracting GRIB Forecast: Level 2 ...
 MET  Extracting GRIB Forecast: Level 3 ...
 MET  Extracting GRIB Forecast: Level 4 ...
 MET  Extracting GRIB Forecast: Level 5 ...
 MET  Extracting GRIB Forecast: Level 6 ...
 MET  Extracting GRIB Forecast: Level 7 ...
 MET  Extracting GRIB Forecast: Level 8 ...
 MET  Decoding GRIB Forecast Data ...
 MET  GRIB Forecast Data Decoded
 MET  Reading GRIB Forecast: Tropopause ...
 MET  Reading GRIB Forecast: Level 1 ...
 MET  Reading GRIB Forecast: Level 2 ...
 MET  Reading GRIB Forecast: Level 3 ...
 MET  Reading GRIB Forecast: Level 4 ...
 MET  Reading GRIB Forecast: Level 5 ...
 MET  Reading GRIB Forecast: Level 6 ...
 MET  Reading GRIB Forecast: Level 7 ...
 MET  Reading GRIB Forecast: Level 8 ...
 MET  GRIB Data Extracted and Decoded
 MET  GRIB Forecast Data Still Valid, 23 April 2013, Cycle 12:00 Zulu
 SIM  Event: Weather Reports
 MET  GRIB Forecast Data Still Valid, 23 April 2013, Cycle 12:00 Zulu

According to the above your GRIB data is still valid and hence in use. Please go through the Getting Started guide and set your system up.

The solution, install and set your system up as per the instructions in the Getting Started guide. Take care to set your sharing and security permissions (fully) and do not install in the software in those locations listed in the guide. It is best installed in its own folder, e.g. C:\OpusFSX which eliminates possible problems with sharing and security.

Stephen

According to the above your GRIB data is still valid and hence in use. Please go through the Getting Started guide and set your system up.

Stephen

It doesnt seem to be pushing the weather into FSX anymore. I've set it up using the instructions

Please set your system up in accordance with the Getting Started guide. Set your Configuration, identify your FSX folder, set your sharing and security permissions ... Etc.

If you have reinstalled then you must set and configure your OpusFSX system.

All the instructions are clearly stated in the guide.

Stephen

Please set your system up in accordance with the Getting Started guide. Set your Configuration, identify your FSX folder, set your sharing and security permissions ... Etc.

If you have reinstalled then you must set and configure your OpusFSX system.

All the instructions are clearly stated in the guide.

Stephen

sorry the reason was I had hid the OpusFSX folder on my C:\ drive because I dont like clutter on the C drive. It doesnt seem to have liked that, not hidden anymore and now it works

Thanks for the help!

(I get a unable to access the installation folder, but it still works)