Sign in to follow this  
James Bennett

fs9 can't find .bgl files when adding scenery

I've downloaded some UK landclass and some addon scenery and cannot get them to install, when i open fs2004 and go to the add scenery directory i navigate to the folder the .bgl files are in and they do not display, the folder just shows as empty.

Any help please!

Landclass .bgls do not need to be activated though scenery files do.

Where should the landclass.bgl files be placed? I have put it in scenery/BASE/scenery but it is not actually showing in fs2004 at all, it just displays the default landclass.

Make a new folder...\FS9\Addon Scenery\Landclass\scenery, and place the landclass .bgl files in there.

Add Landclass to the Scenery Library and keep it above all of the default entries and below all of your other addons.

You will not see .bgl files in the Scenery Library. What you are doing in the Scenery Library is to activate the scenery area, in the case above that would be Landclass.

If you have Win7 there is a bug in adding new scenery. When adding a new area the window will open the folder instead of adding it. When this happens just click next to the scenery folder in the white area, not on the folder itself, and you should be good to go.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks, but FS9 is still not cooperating. I'm on vista not 7.

It lets me navigate to the folder where the bgl is but it is empty, and i cannot add the folder as it does nothing, i can click OK for several minutes and nothing happens it just depresses the OK button then doesnt do anything and lets me click it again.

Disregard my last post, i got it to work by rebooting then using N60JBravo's instructions. For some reason the reboot worked.