Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Sharing my Satisfaction :-)

The four best add-on I ever got for FSX, now Prepar3d: A2A's b377 Captain of the Ship, A2A's P51d Civil, PMDG's b737NGX and Aerosoft's AirbusX Extended.

I would like to start by pointing out that I can't really order any of these in terms of preference when I use flight dynamics / systems / graphic quality / smoothness for criteria. They are all Top!

Of the four models I confess I have spent the most time so far with the p51d, maybe because it is also my preferred add-on for DCS World and A2A was able to bring it to a level of quality that is certainly impossible to get any better in the ESP-derived platform of MSFS, but the b377 is closely following it, with it's superb Captain of the Ship module.

Aerosoft's AirbusX Extended reminds me a bit of b377 COTS, or the way around because I purchased it before. It's a superb simulation of the Airbus 320 and 321 series, certainly not absolutely correct in each and every aspect of the systems and flight dynamics modelling, but still bringing a lot of immersion, specially with the option to get your first officer doing the checks and sharing other tasks with you. Above all I can say that I find this Airbus X a superb didactic add-on for Airbus fans, and it's still progressing witg the upcoming service pack bringing yet more interesting features and ironing some limitations of the current version.

The PMDG 744x and 737 NGX were both installed on my prepar3d setup until I had a little problem with the PC and was forced to make a clean install of the OS, DCS World and LM Prepar3d. This turn around I decided not to install the 744x because I will certainly be rather busy learning the detailled b377NGX simulation, and the few short flights I was able to perform revelaled a quality and smoothness that don't make this on pair with the A2A add-ons only for sentimental reasons - a deep attraction and familiarity with the aviation from the fourties / fifties I have felt since I first watched a TAP Lockheed Constellation in the colours of TAP when I was around 4yo. There is something special about that Era of aviation, and the A2A's b377 and p51d bring that magic back to my simmer experience :-)

And, I would also like to add that this list wouldn't be complete without the remarkable RealAirs I also installed with Prepar3d - The SF-260 and the Piston Duke! Regarding quality, smoothness and accuracy they're certainly on pair with all of the above!

And... despite not being advertised as such, they all run beautifully in LM Prepar3d!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS canceled MS FLIGHT... (will never thrust them for flightims again...)

Very interesting. Those are all near the top of my list of favorites also.

May I ask if you have the RealAir Legacy? A2A Military P-51 Mustang?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray,

from RealAir I just have the SF-260 and the Piston Duke.

I do not have the A2A military because I have it in my other sim - DCS World :-). I am using the recently released Civil version - very very good as well!!!

Regards,

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS canceled MS FLIGHT... (will never thrust them for flightims again...)

I have both the A2A Military and Civilian and they both are fantastic in P3D.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have both the A2A Military and Civilian and they both are fantastic in P3D.

Vic

Hello Vic,  PM on the way.  Thanks.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

BTW, what are the major differences, other than the obvious ones in the inst panel, between the civilian and the military versions?

Does the military version allow for drop tanks, bombs, rockets? Does it have a gunsight? Can we fire the guns?

Just my curiosity ;-)

Main Simulation Rig: