Sign in to follow this  
dalle182

FSX rewards / certificates problem

Hi,

I have a problem I can't solve in spite of the few hours I already spent searching around: I am not getting the certificates after successfully completing the checkrides in fsx lessons. For example for the solo flight, I fly the traffic pattern well, land on the runway and bring the aircraft to a stop, "Rod" congratulates me and the flight comes to an end displaying the map (flight analyzer). When I click OK, nothing happens and the certificate is not showing in the rewards section.

I already tried to move the GrantedRewards.BIN & GrantedRewardsOld.BIN files to a different folder in order to let FSX recreate them but no success. I am also sure that the checkbox authorizing mission changes (no rewards) is UNchecked. As I noticed on Google, this problem seems to be quite common but the solution is nowhere to be found.

Anyone can help please?

Have you checked out the possible solutions on the following site?  http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Problem_Resolving_%28FSX%29#Pilot_Records

Perhaps you do not have the folders set up properly as discussed at the link.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi there firehawk44,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes I already checked that link but there seems to be a problem with the link provided on that page as it directs to some funny website (yoururl...) which has nothing to do with fsx. Have you tried it?

Perhaps you do not have the folders set up properly as discussed at the link.

What do you mean by that? If you're talking about the GrantedRewards.BIN file being in my C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder, then I can tell you that it is. Let me know if you meant something I didn't understand.

I just gave it a try for some rewards and the problem occurs only with the "certificates" (ie first solo flight, private pilot, IFR, etc.). I can obtain other rewards without any problems, they appear correctly.

Thanks again and let me know if you/anybody think of something else :-)

What do you mean by that? If you're talking about the GrantedRewards.BIN file being in my C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder, then I can tell you that it is. Let me know if you meant something I didn't understand.

That's what I meant.  If you have it setup like they have indicated for various versions of operating systems, then it should work properly. 

Are you running FSX in any type of compatibility mode?  Not good if you are.

Have you tried right-clicking the FSX icon and selecting to run as administrator?  I'm thinking you might have a sharing issue.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Are you running FSX in any type of compatibility mode?  Not good if you are.

No, I'm not.

Have you tried right-clicking the FSX icon and selecting to run as administrator?

I always do run it as administrator.

I have made quite a lot of changes to fsx.cfg and set it to read only But I don't have the impression it could be caused by that. It's more likely to have something to do with FSUIPC (paid version) maybe, I don't know, just a feeling... I think I'll do some more testing.

Thanks anyway. Always open for some more help  :rolleyes:

I have made quite a lot of changes to fsx.cfg and set it to read only But I don't have the impression it could be caused by that.

Two questions. Why did you set the FSX.cfg file to read only? And would it be safe to say "you don't think it would cause a problem" instead of "you know it wouldn't cause a problem"?

Hi Meshman,

Thanks for you help. I set fsx.cfg to read only because, as I read it somewhere (and thought it made sense), it can prevent FSX or some other program to make unwanted changes to a file you spent quite some time tweaking. But you have a point there... I will try to move my fsx.cfg to let fsx create a new and fresh one and I'll let you know. I'll do some testing with/without add-ons, tweaks, etc.

Stay tuned.

All right, made some progress tonight:

After creating a brand new FSX.cfg file and refusing access to all add-ons at FSX startup, I passed the solo flight "checkride" and obtained the certificate (I just force-closed FSX at that point to be sure that the certificate wouldn't be saved in order to continue testing). So at this point, many options are still open. Then, I re-launched FSX and granted access to all add-ons, passed the solo flight "checkride" and... nothing. No certificate.

So at this point, I presume that the problem is caused by one of the add-ons I granted access to. Here's the list of what is prompted when I launch FSX with a fresh FSX.cfg file:

1. New key mappings (acceleration pack)
  2. EZCA
  3. AFXModuleFSX.dll (Flight One Software, Inc.) --> Airport facilitator X, comes with FS Global to modify / adapt airports altitude
  4. A2A_Feel.dll
  5. AccuFeelMenu.dll
  6. PMDG_HUD_interface.dll
  7. ViMaCoreX.dll (VistaMare Software) --> required by some aerosoft airports like Paris Charles-De-Gaule
  8. FSUIPC4.dll (simFlight GmbH)

I bet we have a culprit among those 8  :Waiting: Stay tuned !

Hey great news, I think I found the solution! At least it works for me  :yahoo:

My first impression was good and I didn't need to go through the tedious process of enabling/disabling each of the 8 previously mentioned suspects individually: the cause of my problem was FSUIPC. After enabling everything else and refusing access just to FSUIPC (with a fresh and untweaked FSX.cfg file), I earned my certificate without any problem. It even stays there after restarting FSX, which is what we wanted I guess...

So now, the only thing left to do for me is restoring my backed up FSX.cfg file and find a way to not have FSUIPC interfering with certificates (expecting the problem isn't caused by my tweaked FSX.cfg file, but after these tests chances are slim). I'll report what I've found to FSUIPC support and some forums where people were left helplessly with no solution.

Thanks again for your help !