Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bondiblu2

Joystick Issues

Hi Everyone:

Recently, when flying the 737NGX - and only with the 737NGX, I get a message about an hour into the flight that my joystick isn't connected and that it would be hard to fly without it.  Some research I've done advised that I should start up FSX with the joystick disconnected, and connect when aircraft is at the gate.  Elsewhere I read that I should, when it happens, disconnect the joystick, pause FSX for 2 minutes, then plug joystick in.  The latter worked only once.  Is there a solution to this?  Any help is appreciated.  FSX, Windows 8, 64-bit.  Warren, Toronto, Canada. 

Hi there

I have recently bought a new widows 8 computer after many years of successful flying in win xp. I also have the joystick disconnect issue, and so do many others it seems if one does a Google search on the topic. Mine seems to disconnect after around a 2 hour flight just when I have landed and then cannot leave the runway, probably much to the annoyance of anyone wanting to land behind me on Vatsim, so I just quickly disconnect and never seem to taxi to the gate. What I have now done but not tested is to temporarily remove FSUIPC just in case there is a conflict there (without any evidence that it may be the cause) and also right click after pointing the mouse in the bottom left corner and chose power options. I have then created a flight sim profile and turned off the bit that says about USB selective suspend. That is where I am with the issue, but not completed an online flight yet to see if it has improved. Anyone else got this problem with Win 8 , would appreciate any input as well.

Kind Regards

John Calleja