Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Weather "Frozen", not acurate...

I'm sure this chalks up to some stupid setting I've messed up somehow.  I had been away from FSX for a couple months and have not changed any Opus setting that I am aware of.  Opus was working well, coinciding with real world METARs previously.  However, when I came back (the Majestic Dash 8 got me out of my slump), I am finding that Opus is producing a uniform and unchanging weather that does not reflect any METAR I would expect for the flight. 

For instance, I was flying KSTL to KORD.  KSTL real world METAR was roughly wind 11008KTS A2986 (and some cloud/visibility/timestamp stuff I don't remember).  My FSX weather at KSTL was 19011KTS A3038.  When I arrived at KORD that in the real world was 02006KTS A2989, the FSX weather was still 19011KTS A3038.  Any ideas what I've messed up or where to look for changes.  My suspicion is with the wind/GRIB wind/pressure smoothing, but I hadn't changed any of these options, so I don't understand why things are different all of a sudden.

Eric Szczesniak

Your settings probably didn't allow the weather to recover. Perhaps you didn't climb above your recovery altitude.

If you haven't upgraded OpusFSX for a few months then l suggest you do that, there are a lot of new features.

If you have set your Destination, Max Cruise Altitude and enabled Adjust Options Automatically then you can go ahead and fly without setting any further options in the Weather Download, Smoothing and Stabilisation, and General User Preferences dialogs, they are provided for you to tweak the settings manually if required.

If you have problems with wind shifts or temperatures then enable Adjust Sim Friendly Options, which will select Sim friendly GRIB winds and temps.
The Use Maximum Stabilisation option should be enabled for systems that suffer badly from wind shifts.

Regards
Cheryl