Sign in to follow this  

JP re: forum view design changes suggestions

Hi JP,I wanted to propose some (minor) design changes to the DCF forum format views.1) On the main view of for eg. the Hangar Chat Forum, the topics are presented with their replies, but the message ID number is not there. Can we introduce the message ID on the main page? For example, message ID 9001 'Confessions of an ex-game pirae' is not evident on the main page but is only seen when one clicks the topic itself. Makes it difficult if someone has referred a topic ID number and one tries to search for it.2) While doing a 'view all' of a topic, one can see all the messages first listed, and then further down all the actual messages are detailed. In the message list there are reference numbers to the messages (eg. #5 or #13 etc.) but when one tries to go down and look for this reference number in the messages one cannot see it making it difficult to look for the message. The only reference number that appears there is the message ID (eg. 9022), which does not bear any likeness to the message reference. A live example is message ID 9001 'Confessions of an ex-game pirate', if you click 'view all' you will see all the messages. In the message listing you will see a message reference #15 by Steve Small, however when you scroll down to find that message reference you only have the message ID to guide you which in this case is ID no 9022...Can we introduce the message reference number in the message window as well? Would help in finding the messages especially when extremely long message threads develop.RegardsShez

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Shez,I don't have any control over the form or function of the forum itself so I flagged this one for Ken and Tom to have a look at.