Sign in to follow this  
Daffers

New Plane tips

I own the pmdg 737 ngx and i love that plane, now i want to add a 2nd plane to my hangar and would like something that can match this quality and is slightly bigger.

So i prefer a good 757-767-777 or an a340 maybe.. Are there any good ones out there ?

I know it can propably not match the pmdg 737ngx, but is there any plane close to this?

I fly with FMC so that one is mandatory. Or maybe it is best to wait for the pmdg 777 ? any word on how lang that will be ?

For something bigger than the 737 that you can buy today, you really only have three choices.

1.  PMDG 747

2.  PMDG MD-11

3.  Level-D 767

I own all three of the above. In terms of features and FPS, the MD-11 is a great plane.  The 747 is PMDG's oldest FSX aircraft and was not all that optimized for FSX.  They do have a v2 in the works, but you won't see it until after the 777 is released.

The Level-D 767 was really the cream of the crop of jets back in 2006/2007, but now its long in the tooth. The cockpit visuals are nowhere in the league with PMDG's latest aircraft. But the systems are well modeled and if going from PMDG's cockpit visuals to the Level-D's doesn't bother you, I can highly recommend it.

If it were me and I only had money for one plane and wanted to buy that plane now, I'd buy the PMDG MD-11.

Don't get me wrong, the 747 and 767 are great models, but with PMDG working on a v2 of the 747, unless you gotta have it now, I'd wait for v2.  If however, you're in a position to wait, and don't have interest in the MD-11, then I'd just wait for the 777 to get released.

For Airbus, there are no good planes larger than the 737 (A330 or A340).  BBS has a work in progress 319/320 and recently a 330.  Keep in mind, they are unfinished products that you can buy. They seem to be rolling out updates and if you don't mind using planes that are somewhat incomplete these could be an option. They are the only developer with a decent Airbus out that is bigger than the A319/320 right now. The other players basically just have the base A319/320/321 models which doesn't get you something larger than the 737 pack from PMDG.

Tnx for your reply, i am considering the md11.. i don't want outdated planes.

Now considering something else too and somewhat smaller..

The QualityWings 146.. I have heard that it's pretty good?.. As long haul flights can be quite boring and i don;t have ai traffic outside of Australië.

Is this the best choice for any short haul flights?

Apart from the Majestic Dash 8.

It's a matter of taste. The QW Avroliners feature FMC, LNAV, VNAV, so it's a good choice for sure.

But it's not exactly the level of detail of those PMDG airplanes.

What else is important to you, except for the FMC?

The QualityWings 146.. I have heard that it's pretty good?

I'm very happy with the QW146, awesome for short flights and a dream to fly manually. Plus they're still operated in Aus by Cobham(National Jet)

But it's not exactly the level of detail of those PMDG airplanes.

True, but the major systems are still simulated excellently

If I were picking a regional turboprop, I'd get the Majestic Dash 8 before the QW.  After the Dash 8, then I'd probably look at PMDG's J41.