Sign in to follow this  
Janis Freibergs

VC view position problem after 1.006 update

Hi,

After installing v1.006 on top of 1.005 I got positioning problem.

Every time I start a free flight the view from VC is like I am sitting outside the aircraft.

I can see aircraft/cockpit and all it's internals to the left of me but myself I'm located outside the cockpit.

This is really annoying. Since then I uninstalled everything, installed 1.006 stand-alone (as first install)

and problem is still there.

I load any other aircraft and everything is fine.

Please see attached screen shot.

Please support.

Thanks

Regards,

Janis Freibergs

do you use EZdok by any chance? i had similar issue, the cameras i made before were shifted off to the side, but i just re-set their positions and it works fine now..

cheers

-andy crosby

I think you may have left out a pertinent piece of information, the fact that you are using a third party camera product like EZDok or OPUS. The reason the views are all now offset to the left like this is that in 1.006 the default VC view is now in the left Captains seat rather than in the right First Officers seat. When you create a set of cameras in EZDok and I presume in OPUS too although I do not own the later, the position of the EZDok camera is based off of and relative to the default VC view. So if the default view changes position so do EZDok's cameras. Simply edit the views and move them to the right and you will be back to normal.

Edit: Ninja'd by another Andy.

Cheers, Andy.

Good post @Andydigital;   you nailed it.

I had the same with OPUS cameras .... for the same reason that Andy said.

30 second job to reposition my camera position. :)

I thought it might be something to do with EzDOK (and sorry I forgot to mention I have it installed).

But what set me off was that I also tried to use VIEWS available via FSX menu - which should not be related to EzDOK at all,

and even they were wrong.

I can, obviously, re-position my EzDOK cameras if that is the case.

Janis

The default view system in FSX becomes very buggy when developers start using hotkeyselect in views that are not normally associated with a particular view key, i.e. the keys F9 F10 F11 F12. Its especially buggy if you have a different aircraft loaded in the same session that uses the F keys for a completely different type of view to that of the previous aircraft loaded. For example using Spot View instead of VC view with the F10 key, if I remember my F key view numbers correctly. I never use them anymore to be honest since EZCA came out.

Cheers, Andy.