Sign in to follow this  
DaveCT2003

Descent Arc (Banana) for Navigation Displays on Airbus and Dash 8

Guys,

I've been a Boeing guy until somewhat recently, and one of the features I find most helpful in planning and monitoring my descents is the Banana (descent Arc).

I'm learning the AXE Airbus A320/321 and the Majestic Dash 8, and I've noticed they both seem to lack the Banana.

Does anyone know if the real world aircraft have the descent arc for the Navigation display?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The real Airbus definitely has it - they call it the 'hockey stick' as it gives you a little arrow along the flight path where your current rate of descent/climb will put you. It's not modelled in the AXE, although there was talk that it might appear in the (just released) SP. I'm not sure whether the Q400 has one. I suspect not as the Majestic guys haven't really left anything else out.

And yes you're right, it's the thing I miss most from the NGX!

Thanks so very much for the info!

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.