Sign in to follow this  
evilsheaven10

Altitude hold

Hi guys,

I am new to PMDG 747X and i am having problem with my altitude. Firstly in my fmc if i choose a cruise level my legs page wont have same cruise level most of the time legs page has FL390, even if i try to hold my altitude manually my aircraft wont let me do it. i read manual as well but couldn't understand! can anyone here help me

many thanks

Maybe your to heavy for FL390, you may have to fly for some time before the plane is light enough ( burn off some fuel ) to reach that alt.

Look up 'Step climb'

sorry my bad i didnt explain, i want to say that even if i choose to cruise at FL320 my fmc will choose FL390 Most of the time which i dont want to cruise at. Do you know how to hold altitude manually without using VNav?

you are not alone sir i get problems like this all the time.. try dialing the altitude directly into the mcp and then pressing level change flch.. the plane is supposed to do what you want it to when you tell it directly!

vnav should cancel then.. although with mine sometimes it stays on whatever i do :/

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

try loading it with a quarter fuel and doing short flights.. 500 mile max.. and use 250fl cruise.. pushing it to max can cause issues if its playing up.. yes i know quarted fuel is like 3000 miles but the bird should still do what u tell it to!

oh and DONT use accelerated time.. it won't cope over 4x..just in case u did that

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

hey yeh i know i was just suggesting ways u cld narrow down the fault by getting it to work in different scenarios :)

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hi guys,

I am new to PMDG 747X and i am having problem with my altitude. Firstly in my fmc if i choose a cruise level my legs page wont have same cruise level most of the time legs page has FL390, even if i try to hold my altitude manually my aircraft wont let me do it. i read manual as well but couldn't understand! can anyone here help me

many thanks

Hi ?

Did you use the tutorial provided in the PMDG site? Very detailed, but essential reading for first time 747 flyers. This bird flies great, but you have to set it up correctly, or things don't happen as they should. There are also some very good FMC and set up tutorials on Youtube. See link for PMDG tutorial... http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html

BTW, so your posts are not removed, you need to attach your name into your signature so when you post, your name is automatically shown.

If you still have issues, then send more details and you will be helped to get you flying this great a/c.

Regards

Geoff Bryce