Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

The AVSIM Hack - A Restropective

I also remember the incident quite well and the feelings I had after learning what had happened. I felt so sad for Tom / AVSIM and all of their apparently lost forever work. I was, as John mentioned, utterly appalled by some of the accusations that appeared on the forum ( I have become aware of what a Troll is since then. ) that I made my first ever posts on AVSIM to lash out at their, . . . . ahemmmmm, . . . character or lack thereof. It was truly heart warming to witness the outpouring of support and encouragement by the flight simulator community and the collective sigh of relief when Tom announced the intent to rebuild. They have done a fine job of that have they not?

As for Phil, at least he won't be harming anyone else and the fact that the last person he was able to harm was himself speaks enough about what a troubled person he was.

Best regards to all,

Mel

Well "OLD" Phil is GONE and Microsoft Flight Simulators are gone.

At 70 years OLD I could get angry at the BAD thing Phil did. I could

get angry at Microsoft GREED but I will let GOD Handle EACH. He

knows best. Happy Simming. MerleG