Sign in to follow this  
ebawebaw

Double Atis Voice

Hi, whenever I tune the atis freq. I hear 2 different voices reading the Atis Message simultain , any idea why this can happen ?

Ivo

Have you disabled the default FSX voice in the sound settings?

Jumping on this thread, I'm a noob/demo user.  I had this yesterday presumably for the same reason given above.

I noticed that the 2 ATIS gave different altimeter settings though  :lol:

They were only 1 different but nevertheless were different.  I was using the VFR flight from the demo and have REX real weather updates on.  Would that cause it?

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Jumping on this thread, I'm a noob/demo user. I had this yesterday presumably for the same reason given above.

There is another condition that can cause the "Double ATC" and that is having VoxATC running twice. Sounds silly I know but it happens to me from time to time. You can't (to my knowledge) deliberately run the progeram twice but if FSX crashes while VoxATC is running, that instace of VoxATC continues to run in the background.

After restarting FSX the VoxATC popup window does not see the already running process and offers you the "enable" button which starts a second instance of the program. This can cause several issues not the least of which is 2 atc's. generally it's easy to spot since on most cases one atc is acting normal and the other seems confused... "Last aircraft say again" for example. But not always.

I noticed that the 2 ATIS gave different altimeter settings though

As for the weather being different from that displayed in the strip. VoxATC takes a metar "snapshot" and uses it for quite a while. if when rex injects weather fsx wil pick up on the changes right away but VoxATC continues to use it's "snapshot" not knowing that it is no longer valid.

In my opinion the best long term solution would be for the developer to make the "AI" read the metar for the in range tuned weather station just prior to each "loop" of the announcement.  In the mean time the only way I have gotten it to change is by disabling and re-enabling VoxATC which is seldom convenient.

Good flying,

Bao