Sign in to follow this  
TC011

Menu Bar Issue

Hi.  For the past two years I have been away from Flight Simulation.  I am now just getting back in to it and I have found an interesting problem.  I have the PMDG 747 and MD-11 aircraft.  In addition I also have the Level-D 767 package.  When I load the models into the simulator they load perfectly.  When I attempt to call their option programs for the FS9 Menu Bar I receive a black screen and I am unable to recall the FS9 operating program.  I can recover only by using the control Alt Delete command of Windows.  In addition to the aircraft models, when I select the Modules/FSUIPC option from the menu bar it also causes the same failure.

My computers operating system is Windows 7 64 Bit.  Prior to walking away from FS9 for two years everything was operating without a problem.  Between the PMDG and Level-D Models I had well over two hundred to three hundred flight hours on those models alone.  So things were working well.

Any ideas?  If this problem is already documented, could you give me the name of the topic.  I believe that this is a FS9 issue, not a model problem.

Thanks

Tom

If you are using FS9 in full-screen, this sometimes happens. I know of no way to fix the problem. You can get around it by running in windowed mode.

Like Ematheson suggested, try running in windowed mode to access the PMDG menu, and when you're done, press Alt+Enter to get back to full screen.  Just a thought.  I've never had any issues using the top menu bar.

I've also found that I have more success using the menu bar while in windowed mode. Trying to use the menu bar in full-screen often causes my sim to freeze so I have to use the task manager to close the program. Lately I do most of my flying in windowed mode as the sim seems more stable and I'm always fooling with the menu options anyway.

To all - Thank You! Windowed Mode did the trick.

After being away for two years you forget all the work around found in FS9.

Thank you again

Tom