Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

Add On Installation Order?

I am doing a fresh FSX install - for a number of reasons - and was just wondering what is the best order to install things in?

Aside from normal FSX and SP1/SP2 I have the following:

- REX

- Active Sky

- GEX

- UTX

- Orbx England

- Various individual airports

Is there a correct/best order to install these addons in?

Thanks

If you follow the instructions that come with the addons, it doesn't really make a difference in which order you install everything. Whenever you buy a new addon you are never told to uninstall another one before you can install the new one after which you can reinstall the other again, right? ^_^

Then again, when you DO have the option I've read once that it's better to install UTX before you install GEX because in that case the GEX installer sees UTX and it can take care of something you otherwise may have to do manually... (I don't own GEX so I don't know exactly). But then again, nothing utterly bad will happen when you change the order. I am sure there are people who bought and installed GEX before they bought and installed UTX and everything still works out. ^_^