Sign in to follow this  
hightower

Patch excellent but still got CTD

I'm very happy with the patched FS9 overal performance. However, today I still got a CTD. I had landed on rwy 02 at EBBR with Aerosoft's Katana and was taxiing in order to leave the runway at the next exit, as instructed by the tower, when it crashed. The alert window said there was a problem with ai_playr.dll. I did send the report to MS. I have Ultimate Traffic installed, Fred. Bridoux's Belg7000 v 2.3, and Robert Buysen's EBBR installed. I am going to see if I can reproduce the CTD.J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Alas, I was also hoping for a cure to my re-occuring CTD problem which is centered around the dll files G2D and G3D, but not to be. CTD's still continue but perhaps the patch was not engineered to address this area. If someone knows specifically what these two dll's refer to/control, I would like to know. So far, over this previously asked question in the past, no one seems to have an answer for what these files do. Interesting part about these dll CTD's, is that when I experience one and re-duplicate the flight, they do not happen in the second event. Can anyone explain that?!Installation of the patch was uneventful, perhaps in part that I did a complete uninstall/re-install of FS9 a couple of weeks ago, mainly to purge unused files and their remnants and start with a fresh set up. I did incure a slight problem with Active Camera but think that is due to the fact that I did not have V2.0 installed.Am using the NoCD exe fix without a problem or at least I think so! The dll files all show the current patch version date, the bridges are there, textures are slightly sharper and elevations are slightly more defined.