Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

747VirPilot

Ultimate Traffic II and Radar Contact

I have a problem... (no not THAT problem!).

Have recently added a number of addons to FSX.  Have been a long time user of RC. A new owner of UTII. Since the UTII install, several airlines, most notably United are not being called out by RC, e.g. While taxiing for T/O was following a United plane that was being addressed as Uniform 384 by RC. Also another airline addressed as Sierra but did not note what airline that was given that name.  Have looked (google, what else?) for some time tonight to find an answer and have found several close to mine, but the resolution was not fully documented...at least in the topics I found on the issue. Anyone with a similar/same problem? Is the c4.csv file implicated? Any help appreciated.

As to software, am fully up to date on all software. RC, UTII, FSUIPC, etc, etc. Am a bit fanatical on that sort of thing...or delude myself into thinking that.

George

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

George,

Yes, it is the c4.csv file that is the problem.  Actually, it's UTII and it's way of creating callsigns "on the fly" that RC4 doesn't know about.  I don't think there is one complete documented list of all the missing ones and the entries that should be there so you kind of have to search through the forums and pull out all the bits and pieces.  Or, you can try to see if you can find a c4.csv file out there somewhere that has the changes already in it.

Anyway, you just need to add the missing entries in this file.  Something like this would be for United and needs to be added to that file:

UNITED,UNITED,United Airlines Inc - USA,4, 1

Not sure if you've seen this post yet too:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382793-call-signs-in-fsx-with-ultimate-traffic/

Kevin,

Thx for the reply. Yes I've found those items to which you refer. My problem is finding documentation on what is the file, i.e. record format/layout for the c4.csv. The only airline I've seen mentioned is United. Saw the entry for Citrus but in this case there are two records? Why? I will continue looking.

George