Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shug

Assigning engine sounds

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone might be able to advise me on how best to assign different engine sounds to each engine model for an aircraft. For example, I have the Thomas Ruth A330-200 installed and there are three models - GE, PW, and RR.

At present, I have Trent 700 sounds installed in the Sound folder for this aircraft.

However, I would like to also have the PW4000 and GE CF6 installed so that depending on which aircraft I choose to fly, the correct engine sounds will play e.g. the Aer Lingus texture uses the GE model.

Is it at all possible that this can be achieved?

Many thanks,

Hugh Costello

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, Hugh,

This is not hard to do.  Rename the existing sound folder (containing the trent sound) to sound.rr .  Then create a folder called sound.ge and another called sound.pw. You should have three folders, sound.rr, sound.ge and sound.pw within the A330 folder.  Place the GE sound set in the sound.ge folder and place the PW sound set in the sound.pw folder.

Next, open the aircraft.cfg file.  You will find an entry for each aircraft, starting with [fltsim.XX].  For ones with model=[name of RR model] change the "sound=  " entry (most likely blank) to "sound=rr ".  For ones with the ge model, change the sound entry to "sound=ge".  The parallel procedure for pw models. 

That ought to make the proper sound type accompany the proper aircraft type.

Mike