Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

blue ai aircraft

Hi Guys

I have some really strange things happening with some AI aircraft I currently use UT2 for my aircraft  and all works fine however,

I decided to download and use the AIG flightplans so that I can get some static aircraft at KPAE and be able to use the new UTT 787 AI aircraft, but once UT2 is up and running and my AI aircraft are loaded my 787 aircraft appear a transparent blue colour that does not seem to want to revert to the normal colours.

But sometimes they either appear all white or the United 787 appears in is proper colours,but once you pass them and then look back they have reverted to this blueish colour.

I have seen this blueish colour before when changing views whilst flying but they always change back to the proper look within a couple of seconds or so and was told that this was a dx10 thing and was normal

any ideas how I can get my 787's to look proper and not blue

thanks

rgds

Pete

Pete Little

Hi Pete!

You do have the "Dark Background Texture" (bkg.bmp) installed in the fsx root, right? (It's included with the 3.2.x patches, in the Bonus folder.)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul

Yes I think so

I have a bkg file in the route folder ,so I guess that's it

I've got of things to look at as I've not updated in a while and I've just discovered that the aircraft cfg file had a missing entry that might have caused a problem

Just out of curiosity should the graphic files for the paint schemes be in 32 bit format or dxt ,

I do have addon converter x installed as well

Pete Little

Open the bkg.bmp, Pete. If it's blue - you need to replace it with the black one that's in the Bonus pack. MS used blue to differentiate between dx9 and dx10, but it got left in by mistake............

Here's a coupla docs regarding textures, the first one I built from various sources, and the second one (about missing textures) is taken from another post on another forum a while back, but I think there's a reasonable overview of our textures and what to look for. Running at 4.9 gig, you should have no issues with 32-bit textures.  

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul

Once again your a star,

Did a complete update of dx 10 and its running smoother than ever All I need now is to get rid of the white runway in Madeira  X and I be as happy as a sand boy and dx9 will be banished to the dim and distant past

rgds

Pete Little

Check your pm's Pete!