Sign in to follow this  
Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Journey Through a Jet Engine - Awesome Animation!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow!!That's pretty amazing. Makes me glad I'm not a bird...I'd hate to become part of THAT process!!

Really! Probably a quick death though, not to mention the damage to the engine some of them cause.

Hello All,Although many pilots with jet experience understand the suck, squeeze, bang, blow theory, few of us really comprehend what takes place on the 'inside' of one of these sofisticated engines.A great video. On another note, I once got to view the 'chicken test' at GE's engine plant in Cincy, Ohio. It is unbelievable the carnage a bird strike can cause in a modern jet engine . . . all the while they keep running, even though the damage is quite severe.Thanks for the link.Best,Clay

FYI --- from a source in my family..."The turbine exit temperature they mentioned, 1390C, is about 2535F, which is about 100F hotter than the MELTING POINT of the alloys used for the turbine blades and vanes. Cooling is very important! ...EDITED... My parts use about 10% of the total compressor flow in order to keep them cool. Clearly, the aero-engine companies use sophisticated cooling schemes!" Regards,BobShttp://s95171098.onlinehome.us/junk/aopa.jpgSeems the rage to talk about the "size and speed" of each others computer. Beat this if you can for solving novel/unique problem anywhere in the cosmos. ..Have K&E and know how to use it!

92 times 800 horsepowerwhich means92 times Formula One engines_Wow_ _Damn_ _Hell_ =)-Jerome COVINI