Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Just got FS2004! Amazing!

>Hello friends,>>Well at last I got a new computer and went right out and got>FS2004. After all these years on FS98 & then FS2000, FS2K4 is>just amazing. I now know what Ive been missing! I used to come>on here and gaze jealously at all the cool FS2K4 screenshots>you all posted. >>I know if I have issues or questions that Avsim is the right>place as u simmers are well-versed in FS2K4.>>The visuals are amazing, I dont know where to start! I want to>get all the add-ons out there! The PMDG 737 is first on the>list!>>If anyones got advice for a rookie FS2K4 pilot....it would be>greatly appreciated!>>Thanx :-)Sorry to rain on your parade, buddy, but I am less than impressed with FS9 - having just recently made the move from FS2000.Where do I start?-cockpits still the same since FS2000, with little improvement. -views completely fubard. Replaced instead with cheesy "virtual cockpit" doodads. -ATC is a joke. It's "ear candy," but otherwise completely worthless. -a number of great addons don't work anymore (Proflight2000, PIC767, PSS777 and 747, FS Assist, etc.)-developers struggling to make their ailing utilities work with FS9.etc. etc. Basically,what Microsoft has been doing over the years is to release slightly enhanced "base packages;" you'll need to spend a pretty penny to upgrade everything to your liking. ricardo

Guest bobsk8

>>Hello friends,>>>>Well at last I got a new computer and went right out and got>>FS2004. After all these years on FS98 & then FS2000, FS2K4>is>>just amazing. I now know what Ive been missing! I used to>come>>on here and gaze jealously at all the cool FS2K4 screenshots>>you all posted. >>>>I know if I have issues or questions that Avsim is the right>>place as u simmers are well-versed in FS2K4.>>>>The visuals are amazing, I dont know where to start! I want>to>>get all the add-ons out there! The PMDG 737 is first on the>>list!>>>>If anyones got advice for a rookie FS2K4 pilot....it would>be>>greatly appreciated!>>>>Thanx :-)>>Sorry to rain on your parade, buddy, but I am less than>impressed with FS9 - having just recently made the move from>FS2000.>>Where do I start?>>-cockpits still the same since FS2000, with little>improvement. >>-views completely fubard. Replaced instead with cheesy>"virtual cockpit" doodads. >>-ATC is a joke. It's "ear candy," but otherwise completely>worthless. >>-a number of great addons don't work anymore (Proflight2000,>PIC767, PSS777 and 747, FS Assist, etc.)>>-developers struggling to make their ailing utilities work>with FS9.>>etc. etc. >>Basically,what Microsoft has been doing over the years is to>release slightly enhanced "base packages;" you'll need to>spend a pretty penny to upgrade everything to your liking. >>ricardo>So which Simulator do you like instead, and why?

Guest ThrottleUp

Rockcliffe, michal & bert...thanx!Wow so much to do, so much to look forward to! U know thats something I've been craving for already - a good regional-turboprop...so that ATR sounds real good! One of my fav propjets is the Fokker 27 so Im keeping an eye out for that as well. The mark of a good F27 simulation will be the engine sounds I think...they *have to* have that RR Dart whine! Yes in many was FS2004 feels like an upgraded FS2000. I was a wee bit disapointed to see that the 737 was still the same old one carried over & that all the jet airliners have unconvincing and unrealistic sounds (specially the flightdeck sounds) but I know theres awesome freeware out there to correct these little issues so its not really a big deal.Coming from FS98 & FS2000 by far the most impressive feauture in FS2004 (to me at least) is the excellent sky & clouds! They really have done a good job there! The ground...well when you fly low you can tell the difference and its great...but from up high it feels just like FS2000.But I aint gonna whine, its a great piece of software...Im already in trouble with the missus for spending hours on the thing!!!!Thank u all for all your comments & help...Im really going to need them as I get established on FS2004 :)