Sign in to follow this  
SKeller

Right Prop looks as if moving from the VC, but doesn't move in external view

Hi guys,

I've got a strange problem with my right propeller. After I have started up the left engine and look out the right window in order to check if the right propeller is unfeathered, the propeller is rotating although the engine is not started yet. And it can't be windmilling either, because from an outside view, the propeller does not move. Now, it's pretty hard to check the feathered/unfeathered state of a rotating propeller. Has anyone encountered this and can provide some hints on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

I have the same issue 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Do you happen to use OpusFSX as your camera control, like I do?

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

No, I don't 

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Thanks. So Opus is not the problem then ...

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Do you happen to have what it looks like a graphics error with VC view ...it looks like rays of shadows coming from the view point or vanishing point .....this is no joke by the way :) 

Alaa A. Riad

No, it's actually the propeller that's moving.

I've had the graphics error you're describing only once, and this was gone after restarting FSX. However, my initial issue is reproducable each end every time I start the left engine.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Same issue here from "day one".  Only solution I use is to check the feathered/unfeathered condition before starting the left engine.