Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

New LINDA User Question

I understand what LINDA does in general. Have a couple quick questions about our and hope someone can answer them for me.

I have just purchased the VRi MCP2. Now as I understand it (feel free to correct me) , it comes with a default VRi NGX profile that you can use with it. Or you instead can use the LINDA program which also includes a default NGX module v1.9 that you can use with it? So my first question is if using LINDA, I presume you don't even need to download the VRi NGX module?

Second part is, I have not even placed any buttons on the MCP2 yet. Is there a diagram that shows what the LINDA NGX module has preprogrammed where so I know were to place the buttons or is this module just about giving the end user a list of all the NGX commands available and we need to assign them to the buttons we want? Little confused on how exactly the LINDA third party aircraft modules work.

I am leaning towards using LINDA instead of the default VRi module as I also have a JetMax 737 throttle quadrant and PFC yoke that is on the way that I will need to program and I just assume use LINDA for all if it save for the axis, calibration stuff.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

You should be able to see a picture of which button goes where in the VRi manuals Eric, if you need help sourcing them then look at the page below. The panel also comes with a little sticky pad tool to help you remove the button caps again if you want rearrange them in the future.

http://vrinsight.com/devel_shot/

Please do as I suggested in the PM we spoke in some time ago and get used to using the default software first, you have to install it anyway so that you can get the COM port number to enter into LINDA.

You can have both software packages installed and they will not interfere with one another. All you have to remember is that if you want to use the default VRiSim software then you need to disable the VRi MCP section of LINDA by removing the tick from the box that says "enabled" (then click SAVE) in the MCP Settings menu in LINDA.

To see the LINDA assignments all you have to do is make sure the MCP facilities are enabled in LINDA then select the NGX from the aircraft menu list, then click on the MCP Tab on the left and you will see a graphical representation of the MCP panel, hovering your mouse over each button will highlight what function is assigned to that button or dial by default in LINDA for that profile.

Cheers, Andy.

Eric I notice you are having a problem registering for an account at VRinsight's forum, I see you have made three attempts to register with different usernames since the 13th. Do you require any assistance? Are you not receiving the emails informing you that you are now activated? You should check your spam folders for mail from vrinsight [AT] google mail DOT com. You should be able to login with the details you selected for all three accounts, I activated them all personally by hand.

Cheers, Andy.

Three attempts and three different user names? I only registered once with one user name. I will pm you the one I used. I don't know what is going on with the other two.

Eric 

It's OK Eric it wasn't associated with you after all, just a mighty coincidence. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Brian, I am reading it now.

Eric