Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

DBS Walk&Follow Help

I'm trying to figure out how to get external views using dbs walk and follow.  I want to walk around outside to get good captures of my planes for videos but I don't know how.

I'm not sure, but I think my keyboard might be the problem.  The manual says to activate walk and follow mode, use the * button from the number pad.  I'm using a wireless keyboard which doesn't have a number pad section.  So the only way for me to use * is by doing shift+8.  It doesn't do anything when I do that.

I just want to get external views of the aircraft from anywhere around the airport and be able to move around wherever I want.

Anybody know if my keyboard is the problem?

It's already activated.  I purchased this a while ago and all I use it for at the moment the the mouse walk/look when exploring the cockpit.  I didn't know there is a PLUS version out.  I'll have to check and see if there is a charge or a free upgrade for current users of the older version.

- (2.) select a W&F mode (e.g. free walk mode).

This is what I don't know how to do.  If I exit the VC wile walking using the center and left mouse button and turn around to look at the airplane, only parts of it are shown which is normal whenever you exit the VC by moving out.

What I don't know is, how do I start at a position outside the aircraft so it's fully visible?

My bad, I didn't mean to address the product activation ... just enabling W&F from inside FSX via the addon menu.

In the addon menu:

- Enable W&F first

- next choose the 'Free walk mode' from there.

The 'free walk mode' places you outside the aircraft. You can use the pre-defined commands to move from there.

This 'Free walk mode' outside the aircraft is very important, since the VC 'world' in FSX is different from the 'outside world' - just moving your viewpoint from the VC to the exterior doesn't work; you'll have to switch to an exterior view first, and move around from there.

Yes I think the above is also true for FS2004: ACOF...

My default keys are on the keypad numbers:

/ for walking around spot view 

and * for walking around outside independently from the plane.

Oliver,

Thanks.  I see that you're running the FSX version and it's a little different than the FS9 version going by your instructions.  There's no "Free Walk" mode in FS9.  Just Walk and Follow which is activated by two keys on the number pad.  My current keyboard has no number pad so I'll have to go out and buy another.

WingZ,

That's the one!  So I need a new keyboard because I don't have a number pad.  and getting * by clicking Shift+8 won't work.

Thank you.