Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

Precision flight control thottles and Auto throttles

Never had a problem till now and can't for the life of me figure what it is cause i never set any thing different. Would always bring the throttles up to 40% N1 -let stabilize keep bringing them to 65-70 % then hit TO-GO. -make sure she reads in the FMA then fire wall my Precision   throttles right to the stops .Then the auto throttle would take over and control the speed right through the whole flight no problem. Now for some now  reason it won't. I just did a flight from Winnipeg to Calgary  and at TOD  she started down but the throttles stayed right up there and i had to bring them back manually .I recalibrated my throttles but never made a difference. Any body here have this happen?. Also in Wichita at the flight sim conference i bought the Advanced Mode control panel from Go - Flight and  I had to unplug it cause it don't jive at all with this bird  even with the Go Flight interface. Yep not much luck with this thing . ^_^

Louis-

Set a LARGE null zone at the top and bottom. I too have had issues, but they were resolved by retarding throttles to the idle stops after the N1 VNAV SPD annunciation on the FMA. I put a Bic pen in the throttle gates at top and bottom wheel calibrating the throttles, so the null zones are approximately equal.

I too use serial PFC HW with the NGX and it works well.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Ok Carl thanks , good to hear from you. was hoping to get in touch with you cause the settings you helped me with which worked real good by the way , well I lost them all putting in the newer version of FSUIPC. I had wrote down what you told me but lost them some where especially the part where how you told me to assign a key in FSUIPC where you hit the key which was right beside the number ONE to the left to equalize the throttles. I'll set my throttles the bic pen way see how it goes . I had to get a new yoke by the way, they wanted 375 bucks to fix mine so I decided to get a new one they have bungee cords now and no more springs like I had .

Ok Carl thanks , good to hear from you. was hoping to get in touch with you cause the settings you helped me with which worked real good by the way , well I lost them all putting in the newer version of FSUIPC. I had wrote down what you told me but lost them some where especially the part where how you told me to assign a key in FSUIPC where you hit the key which was right beside the number ONE to the left to equalize the throttles. I'll set my throttles the bic pen way see how it goes . I had to get a new yoke by the way, they wanted 375 bucks to fix mine so I decided to get a new one they have bungee cords now and no more springs like I had .

A good tip is to copy your modules folder somewhere safe, I have re-installed three times now and each time my settings have been restored after I copied the module folder back after re-installing FSUIPC.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Louis-

Contact me and we will get it sorted.  BTW, whilst backing up is a great idea, I'd suggest only the FSUIPC.ini and PFCFSX.ini- not the entire folder.  You do not want to accidentally replace the new version of the .dll with the old backed up one.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Ya guys I'll save my .ini file. Well Carl might be ok , cause I'm on a flight from LA to Calgary and she backed of the throttle on TOD . I did the bic pen trick and went real slow setting the throttles like you show me.Do you have face time with an IPad  to get a hold of you or you want to go Skype like before ? just tell me when cause I have lots of time since I retired last month.