jsyfam

Computer Specs for FS9.Need Help

Spec

CPU i5-2500

VGA GeForce GT 425M

HDD SATA 1TB Seagate

RAM:DDR3 4GB(2.99GB Useable)

OS Windows 7 Pro

Can I run FS9 as full thrust with this computer spec????

With a lot of 3rd party add-ons..And one more question.

Does lot of Addon Sceneries causes low frame?????????

lol I think im havin' those problems.....HELP!!

olli4740//when I'm flying with Overland Incheon and PMDG 747,I got under 20 frame lol.......And sometimed with strong lagging...It's case of Night texture but I'm just worried lol

is there optimizer for fs9 to increase the frame rate???

Lagging could be a fragmentation issue.

Optimizing: With W7 you can't gain much with manual core assigning - W7 itself is just too good for that.

You could lower selected options like visibility range, cloud depiction.

Just be thankful your not running FSX.    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously though ... turn off ANY superfluous start-up programs, empty the temp folder,  clean out any 'junk' using CCleaner, or similar, clean and defragment RAM and Registry before loading any sim related programs. As mentioned above ... defragment your drive often, run Scan AFD regularly, keep FS9's cfg file clean as well as the scenery cfg. In other words do your house keeping.

When all else fails just enjoy your flight and the experience ... in real life pilots aren't concerned with fps neither should you.

The CPU listed by the OP didn't enlighten me as to what its clock speed might be. IMHO, if it's 3.0 Ghz or better, he should have few problems. I would, however, point out that he might still experience some comparatively lower frame-rates if and when flying in, over, or under any sort of heavy cloud cover. There may be FS9 users who have such high-powered systems that nothing FS9 can throw at them causes much if any degradation  in performance, but if so, though my system provides me with excellent performance otherwise, heavy cloud cover can still affect it.

The CPU listed by the OP didn't enlighten me as to what its clock speed might be

Good observation there Robert. I guess we are all a little complacent ... we see i5-2500 and immediately deduce its the (overclocked) K version.