Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

multiple fscaptain issues

Hello.

so i went ahead and bought fs captain. so far ive got quite a few problems with it.

I tried 2 flights today with no luck.

the first big problem there is the delay in clicking on things and waiting for things to happen.

for example when using push back utility, captain asked for ground "captain to ground" 3 minutes later the ground replied.  then another 3 or 4 minutes wait to be told to release paking brakes... aicraft pushes back and stops, another 3 minute wait and the ground tells me to start engines, the push back was finished by the time thet told me to start engines.

another issue is im using active sky 2012 sp2... and none of the weather is being transmitted to the acars, it keeps giving me message saying weather no available as no data sent to fs (

another issue, how do i use GSX push back instead of the fscaptain one that makes forever to work.??

another issue, how to I manually set the payload and fuel from my airlines real world plog and not what fscaptain wants to give me ??

and finally what is the deal breaker, is when i have to ask for the status of the runway (madness) it sends a pointless message to "ops" and then I get no reply.. at the time of typing ive been waiting 34 minutes for ops to tell me the runways dry.  maybe they are on lunch ?

so at the moment the program for me is useless..the big problem is the delay in getting it to work. 

14ppkc-6.png

the first big problem there is the delay in clicking on things and waiting for things to happen.

for example when using push back utility, captain asked for ground "captain to ground" 3 minutes later the ground replied.  then another 3 or 4 minutes wait to be told to release paking brakes... aicraft pushes back and stops, another 3 minute wait and the ground tells me to start engines, the push back was finished by the time thet told me to start engines.

This can point towards specific entries in your respective panel.cfg missing. Have a look at this post which explains what you need to check in your panel.cfg: http://fscaptain.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=support&action=display&thread=1011

It is particular important that if you use an aircraft such as the iFly or PMDG that you include the specific .xml file for this aircraft in the panel.cfg. This is explained in the post mentioned above.

another issue, how do i use GSX push back instead of the fscaptain one that makes forever to work.??

Just don't use the FS Captain pushback and use the GSX pushback. You do not need to pushback with the FS Captain function. Also once your 1st problem is solved this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

another issue, how to I manually set the payload and fuel from my airlines real world plog and not what fscaptain wants to give me ??

Go to your FS Captain Administrator, Options for all airlines, and check 'Suppress Auto-Payload' and 'Auto Fuel Load'.  This will allow you to load fuel and payload by using your favorite load manager for your aircraft. You might also want to check 'Prompt for PAX Count' which will allow you to select the number of passengers you want to load once you opened the FS Captain Gauge in the FSX.

and finally what is the deal breaker, is when i have to ask for the status of the runway (madness) it sends a pointless message to "ops" and then I get no reply.. at the time of typing ive been waiting 34 minutes for ops to tell me the runways dry.  maybe they are on lunch ?

This problem will be solved when your 1st problem is solved. 

I would also recommend to register at the FS Captain forums and ask your questions there, if they haven't been resolved already. 

Cheers

thanks andy im going to try those.

if ever you need a chart or flightplan send me a pm

thanks again mate

14ppkc-6.png