Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

threegreen

Transparent airport and cockpit textures

I've ran into some trouble with my airport and cockpit textures recently. As I approached FlyTampa's Buffalo I noticed that the walls of the terimnal were missing whereas the roof, gates and windows were still there. Likewise, the background textures of the circuit breaker panel in my NGX were missing, hence I could see through the panel... Apparently this is not developer-specific as this also occurs at FSDreamteam airports.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

DX10 Preview enabled?  Highmemfix=1 in the Graphics section of the FSX.cfg?  Sometimes, when you move the viewpoint textures will disappear as developers try to make their scenery fps friendly.  Not sure why you are not seeing the background textures of the circuit breaker panel in the PMDG NGX.  It could be caused by the lack of the highmemfix=1 line in the FSX.cfg.

Here's a link to a similar issue recently reported here at AVSIM - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/391587-partly-transparent-cockpit/.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks for the answer. I've now added highmemfex=1 to the graphics section in my fsx.cfg.