Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

Yoke Response Time

Flight Simmers,

I have noticed something regarding the flight controls on the Majestic Q400 (which I love flying, by the way), and I'm not quite sure whether or not I'm the only one this is affecting. My issue is simply that the VC yoke and tiller (and I think the rudder pedals as well) - along with the control surfaces - respond a second after I input the control via my yoke system (Saitek yoke/throttles; CH Products rudder pedals). It makes for a bit of a difficult flying experience. At first I assumed that it was some sort of normal delay in the aircraft, that the control surfaces were delayed a bit from the yoke although today I noticed that it was the flight controls themselves that were delayed.

Thank you so much for any help or ideas - anything is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-abasa12/Dmac Macon

Experiencing the same problem. Having the same setup (Saitek yoke/throttles and CH Products rudder pedals). I also operate the elevation trim with one of the rocker switches on the Saitek yoke and have a hard time to trim the plane, especially during start and landings when flying without the autopilot.

I find the plane as the best I have ever flown in FSX since it is a real challenge (at least for me) compared to most aircrafts that I have bought, including 737 from PMDG etc. But because of this "lag" it is sometime frustrating since output is far behind input and could potentially ruin a good landing, which I find to be a real challenge with this airplane anyway.

Torbjorn

Is this the animation that's lagging or just the response from the aircraft?

If it's the second thing, then it may be due to .... the actual aircraft has some inertia due to Majestic's great modelling unlike aircraft that use the FSX air/physics modelling. About the only other sim aircraft that I have personally seen with this kind of inertia modelling is the Aerowinx PS1.3 747-400 that the http://www.worldflightaustralia.com.au sim is based on.

As such you have to fly it differently to other aircraft you'v seen in FSX. and more like real aircraft that weigh so many tonnes/tons. Quick jerky movements cause a lazy floating pilot induced oscilation that takes a while to settle down, and is only made worse by trying to counter the over-corrections with quick jerky movements opposing the intertia.

Check these 2 videos (both of me) to see how my first landing in the Q400 was (over corrections galore) compared to one about 2 months later after I'd learned to expect the inertia

hopskip, on 30 Jun 2013 - 8:50 PM, said:

Is this the animation that's lagging or just the response from the aircraft?

If it's the second thing, then it may be due to .... the actual aircraft has some inertia due to Majestic's great modelling unlike aircraft that use the FSX air/physics modelling. About the only other sim aircraft that I have personally seen with this kind of inertia modelling is the Aerowinx PS1.3 747-400 that the http://www.worldflightaustralia.com.au sim is based on.

As such you have to fly it differently to other aircraft you'v seen in FSX. and more like real aircraft that weigh so many tonnes/tons. Quick jerky movements cause a lazy floating pilot induced oscilation that takes a while to settle down, and is only made worse by trying to counter the over-corrections with quick jerky movements opposing the intertia.

Well, that's what I thought at first, although quite recently I saw that my yoke turn in reality was coming a second before the yoke turn on the VC. Ditto with the tiller. If it was a matter of the inertia itself I would be absolutely fine with that but at this point I'm not sure it is.

There is definatly, as blatont as day, a delay with control inputs.I said about this on the second day of release, but as the initial buzz was so high on release i was totally ignored. It made it really difficult to fly, and far from reality.

There is definatly, as blatont as day, a delay with control inputs.I said about this on the second day of release, but as the initial buzz was so high on release i was totally ignored. It made it really difficult to fly, and far from reality.

Not on my Q400 there isn't, but then I don't have Saitek or CH controls set up via FSUIPC. The only lag I see is in the VC controls animation. That seems to respond very slowly to actual control inputs. Viewed externally the actual control surfaces move without delay. The flight model responds to those movements without delay though with a realistic inertia. There's nothing excessive or abnormal about the flight model inertia.

The problem some people apparently are experiencing may be due to how the external flight model interfaces with certain controller set ups and/or with FSUIPC control calibration, but it isn't a lag in the model itself, nor with the basic FSX/Q400 flight model integration.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sorry to fish up this old topic - I e-mailed Majestic and after some conversation I realized that it was the VC controls that were lagging and not the aircraft itself. The only issue I have now is with taxiing. I'm not sure if it's just a matter of inertia or not, but there is a definite steering delay while taxiing with the ailerons. I can barely stay on the taxiway, let alone the centreline.

Thanks for any and all help!

Taxi slower, and with smaller, smoother, slower movements of the steering tiller. The nosewheel takes some time to move around it's axis, and needs some forward movement. 

Some differential braking doesn't go astray.