Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

AI dilemma, Please Help...

Does anyone out there know what would cause landing AI aircraft's wheels to sink under ground leaving the aircraft taxi to the gate on it's belly (that's how it appears)???All AI aircraft that are already parked at the gates and/or taking off don't have this problem. It's only the aircraft arriving that end up rolling around on their bellies...I tried everything to solve this problem. The airport in question is KSNA by Shez. I had to go in the AB916200.bgl file and lower the airport elevation because all the AI used to sink under the ground. I don't have double AFCAD2 files so I don't understand how everything but landing aircraft understands the airport has a different elevation now. So what's different that still needs to change to get the landing AI to see the correct airport elevation. I even tried recompiling the 'traffic.bgl' file using Ultimate Traffic's utility. Nothing is working for me.... :-hmmm

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Overall, I think Shez's expanded airport needs a new flatten file to correct this problem. The AB916200.bgl file contains the airport skirting not the flatten. The flatten is contained FL916200.bgl. On top of the flatten problem, Shez is using SCASM/BGLC style ground polygons that are sitting above the FS2004 terrain. I think it is the mismatch of the terrain flatten and the ground polygons that is causing the problem. Matching all the above with the elevations set for the airport is what needs to occur.W. Sieffert