Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Instrument panel crispiness ?... FSX vs P3d - any suggestions?

One major difference I find, graphics-wise, between LM P3D and FSX, is the crispiness of the graphics, particularly the instrument panels.

To pick and example, I load A2A's P51D very often. In LM P3D, with the same graphics settings on the simulator menus of FSX or P3D, but with much lower settings in P3D's Nvidia Inspector profile than in the one I use for FSX, the panel looks crisp and easy to read even when zoomed out.

Not quite like so in FSX, where unless I zoom to read the gauges withou aliasing, everything looks a lot less crisp.

What do you FSX users use, what "miracle" can you suggest so that I can get in FSX the same crispiness I get in P3D?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Jcomm, these are from FSX. Pretty crisp to me. Maybe try tweaking your FSX CFG. some more to help improve this issue.

Here is a link to a video I made. Maybe it will help.

lEJv1.jpg
t6sAz.jpg
nRV4U.jpg
kqTZo.jpg
sq82.jpg
ioqQh.jpg
2zqbf.jpg
VAhPf.jpg
vP3Sf.jpg
Tthcz.jpg

Hope this helps you get the FSX performance you are looking for. ~ James

tRcyI.png

Couldn't get no crispier than that. Wonderful shots! :rolleyes:

And full of ENVY! :mad:

Whow!  Those really look good!!!

Anyway, this is my latest NI setting:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Blah. there is no difference. Been using P3D and FSX for over a year now and these are all perceived notions. I see no difference. Do the same with FSX under the same lighting etc conditions.

Thanks guys, I just bought the EVGA GTX660ti FTW + LE 3GB card and it is stock I haven't even tried to OC it. All my FSX Scenery sliders are set to max. and you can see my FPS in the first two shots. My card is set to 120 FPS and FSX unlimited

I would watch the video, It's all about the tweaks man....lol

tRcyI.png