Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

Creating a Flight Changing Aircraft Call Signs Problem

Hi when creating a flight I select my aircraft then when I want to change its call sign I hit the change tab  it gives certain options  e.g. use call sign instead of Heavy etc;  my problem is when I select Speedbird  and say  19, even though Speedbird is present on the tab I only get the call 19

the other selections I use e.g Virgin ANA  Cathay all come through from the FS2004  but if speedbird is selected it fails to be recognized when FS2004 ATC contacts me, all have been set the same, 

Can anyone think of a way I can get Speedbird to be called other than a re-install

Many Thanks

Richard

I don't think that spelling of "Speedbird" is provided with Flight Simulator but you can use "Speed Bird". If it doesn't show in your list, you can add it to your airlines.cfg file and that should then work.

Your best bet is to install EditVoicePack which will give you a huge range of callsigns not provided with Flight Simulator and this includes the correct spelling of "Speedbird".

You can get it from http://www.editvoicepack.com/ . You will need v3.1 for Flight Simulator 2004 and there are nearly 5000 importable callsigns on my web site (URL below) which include "Speedbird".

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Superb John thank for the great detailed support, will stuck into that ASAP

Very Many Thanks

Richard