Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Riddle me this, performance toughie

Below we have a screen shot obviously GPU limited (the minor down spikes are from me task switching to Windows), this is rare in FSX. Thousand dollar question is this...what fps gain would there be from a video card upgrade?

jMJFMWYimAjil.jpg

keep the video card dump the system memory....2666MHz cas10!

HLJAMES

HL James

What are you talking about :rolleyes:  his mobo/cpu won't be able to recognise RAM of that speed being an i5 - his RAM is great for his rig but he is short of VRAM to drive that monster monitor. His BCLK is fixed so increasing RAM speed might give a slight performance increase only.

Regards

pH

Apparently it's a 1080p screen, so it doesn't matter how big it is, it's still 1080p.

What kind of AA are you running there VeryBumpy? can you post ascreenshot of your Inspector on Nvidia Control Center settings for FSX?

his mobo/cpu won't be able to recognise RAM of that speed being an i5

I5's can run the same memory speed as I7's Peter, but this is not the problem here