Sign in to follow this  
ESGG

RC is "losing" callsign

Hi!

I have noticed that sometime when the callsign is not the same as the airlinename RC will not use the callsign but instead the first letter in the airline name. One example is Malmo Aviation, which have the callsign "Scanwing". I can chose this callsign when I set up RC, and have also checked that its pronounced correct, but then when I start flying ATC will use the callsign "Mike" instead. The same happens often when ATC is talking to AI aircraft of Malmo Aviation. I can understand why this happens with AI aircracft since there is many things that must be correct in order to get that to work (I use UT), but why is this also happen when I'm flying a Malmo Aviation flights by myself? 

Regards

Johnny

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Let's try this:

First in your rcv4 folder (or rcv4x) create a folder called data backups. Copy keyboard.dat and rcv3.dat into this folder. This can save a reinstall if something goes wrong as these can corrupt.

In your RCV4\data folder find c4.csv and after copying this to the data backups folder open it in a notepad or wordpad, not Excel.

Find the line;

Malmo Aviation,Scanwing,Malmo Aviation  - Sweden,0, 0

and change it to;

Scanwing,Scanwing,Malmo Aviation  - Sweden,0, 0

Be sure to preserve exact spacing.

Save the file as type text and be sure the filename stays c4.csv without .txt added to the name.

As to troubleshooting ai recognition get the free Traffic Look utility from the fsuipc support site here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Start FS with a parked flight loaded at a busy time for the airline in question. I have the classic FS9 version of Ultimate Traffic (2007). If you have FSX then you have UT2. Generate a time table for the airport you will park at ESSM and the time table showed hourly flights for Malmo Aviation arriving hourly in the afternoon local time so that is where I parked.

With FS running with your parked flight start traffic look. It will start in another window. You can alt-tab between FS and traffic look as needed or if you have a dual display move traffic look to the other.

Traffic look will show radio call sign with the flight number of ai in the area, plus distance to the airport for arrivals. If you click the head of a column it will sort that column so in the case look at ESSM for arrivals.

If you have UT2 it was found that for ground traffic the air did not receive a call-sign flight number until after it would have pushed back and started taxiing to the runway. This is the way UT2 operates. Also in UT2 you should set the option to render ai at maximum distance since UT2 renders ai on the fly as needed at much less distance by default (20 nm I think) than standard ai are rendered by FS. RC needs to see ai much further out, at least 40 nm to assign runways correctly based on ai behavior as first priority.

Let us know if this edit helps in c4.csv. You can also add the modified line after the current one in this case.

Thanks Ron! Your suggestion fixed the problem when i flying Malmo Aviation flights myself. I haven't tested to fix the AI problem yet. Will see when I have time to look into that.

Regards

Johnny

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

If you still have ai problems try the Traffic Look diagnosis.