Sign in to follow this  
CvandeV

FSX in Windows 8

I recenty aquired a new laptop with a Windows 8 OS. Too impatient I immediately installed FSX, and did so in the default location,Then I decided I prefered a different location. But now I find I cannot uninstall FSX.

I did install SP1 and SP2 and SP2 was listed in theinstalled  programs, but FSX is not listed so I cannot uninstall by the usual windows method. I then inserted the 1st disk, expecting to be able choose from install/repair/uninstall. Unfortunately these options do not show, only "install". But FSX is still installed, I checked!!

What is a safe way in Windows 8 to uninstall FSX?

I am running FSX in W8 in the default directory without any problem.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Place your courser in upper or lower corner of screen to bring up the temp-lets . Right click on the FSX icon , at the bottom you will see uninstall.

"jetsmell"'s suggestion does'nt work. When clicking "un-install" the same program list pops up that can be obtained through the control panel,and this list does not show FSX.

So I took the suggestion from "TXHills" and installed REVO uninstall. Again I obtained the list of programms without FSX. But clicking on options and then uninstall a whole bunch of new programms were added to the list, including FSX!

Then I started the uninstall procedure which took an inordinate amount of time, probably 30 minutes. This time I was patient and FSX was indeed removed.

Thanks TXHills!!