Sign in to follow this  
TheGrunt

C-117D freeware released

Manfred Jahn and team has released a new (beta so far, so there may be more to come) C-117D freeware model. C-117 is like DC-3 with steroids using longer fuselage and more powerfule engines. The package includes a VC adapted from the Basler BT-67, so it has modern avionics with it. Model features include a realistic slow radial engine start, a fuel and payload manager, and built-in engine stress and battery failures. Sound is aliased to the default DC3, but you can of course use soundset of your own like. You can get the model at least from flightsim.com file library (haven't checked Avsim library yet).

Absolutely terrific model, yet again, simply a joy to fly. I like pistons, so I personally prefer this over the Basler :P

C117.jpg

Thanks for the headsup, like you I prefer the radials, so the BT-67 but with Radials is awesome B)

Lewis - A2A Simulations