Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rookie-Diver

Unable to Load / Play

Hi, there.

I'm a newly-minted diving enthusiast and I discovered your game through an article in a diving magazine. I immediately purchased a copy and installed it excitedly, only to have it crash.. and crash.. and crash.

The first time I started it, I got as far as signing in and seeing the "Downloading content" bar in the lower right corner. It crashed to desktop upon completion. The next time, I got as far as the "Verifying content" bar in the lower right corner. It, again, crashed upon completion. The third and fourth times, I got to the next screen about "Chuuk Lagoon" only to have it crash to desktop.

I'm fairly upset about this and I just want to play the game. I'd like to add the opening warning / disclaimer about being trained before you conduct a real dive is annoying when you have to wait so long for the "I understand" button to appear.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Rook

Well, it appears this may be my own fault as I just now found the system requirements; the minimum requirement says I need Windows 7. Will the program not run on XP at all?

Thanks!

Rook

Hi Rook! My apologies for the long delayed reply! The game will run on XP (and Vista), but usually only if the machine meets (ideally exceeds) the memory and video-card requirements. If you can get the game to load, click on Options from the home screen and set the Visual Quality to "Fastest" to get a baseline on performance, then move up from there.

Please LMK if you have any other questions - thank you for trying the game!

kathie

Oh, I forgot to add that the opening disclaimer was a requirement from our legal advisors, to make sure that everyone understands that we are not at all a replacement for actual dive training. We want to expose players to the concepts that real divers must learn, but leave the hardcore teaching to professional dive agencies. We are revisiting the time that the warning must be visible, but unfortunately, there are a lot of lawyers out there with not enough to do, so we have to err on the side of caution.

kathie

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

49%
    $12,400.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now