Sign in to follow this  
Dave Morgan

RIAT 2013

Still getting to grips with a new camera but I had a day of fun (and burnt my bald spot...). These have been shrunk as they were going into another forum but I've been having difficulty posting recently so I thought I'd experiment here while I had them handy.

The world's fastest helicopter. The pilot was in his heaven finding as many unlikely attitudes as he could.

The world's fastest helicopter in its new clothes:

This looks like it's sole purpose is to spread death. A 'classic British icon' to most people younger than me but I went through my transition from comfortably ignorant child to (comfortably ignorant) adult at the depth of the cold war, and to me it still looks sinister like Death's cloak. One of the most beautiful pieces of engineering I've seen, I'm hoping to get my name written on it before long.

617 Sqn old and new:

Without knowing anything much about its age or history, the Meteor puts me in mind of John Wyndham.

... and, with a whole load of other stuff, the first one I've seen in the flesh:

Great day.

D

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Haven't seen any video's yet.

Dave Taylor gb.png