Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joey_767

Need tips for new rig

Hi all,

I'm currently in the difficult situation of creating a new rig to run FSX smooth again. This all against a regular price..

Now I have 2 systems in mind, but the trouble is that I'm not really into all the pro and cons anymore, so I would like to have some tips / suggestions on this one.

System 1 (price €669 / $887,76)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670 (quad-core, 4th generation Haswell) socket 1150, 4x 3.4GHz, 8MB CPU Cache Level 3 

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600 Transcend

HDD: 1000GB SATA3

GPU: NVIDIA GTX650 1GB DDR5

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3

System 2 (price €655 / $869,18)

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 processor 3th generation, 4x 3.4 GHZ

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333 

HDD: 1000GB SATA2 harddisk Western Digital / Seagate

GPU: NVIDIA GTX650 1GB DDR5

Mobo:Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1

My goal is to run FSX with OpusFSX, PMDG737NGX and fly at the Mega Airports of Aerosoft like Amsterdam - Paris - Nice etc.. With good AA and smooth FPS, especially on these airports. Is this a realistic goal with one of these systems?

Really appreciate if I could get some help in the right direction :).

Thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Currently I have 3770k overclocked to 4.5ghz,  and just upgraded to 780gtx, from my 580gtx, major difference wth this video card is smoothness of fsx, the card really helps out.  On the otherhand you can go to Haswell 4770, the only reason I did not jump to it, cause I just recently during Xmas updated my cpu.

Remember one things about fsx is not so much how many frames you get, smoothness of the sim.