Sign in to follow this  
Muklum

GenX VFR Scotland Central

I received my copy a few days ago, and after a smooth installation I spent about 2 hours exploring the eastern area between Edinburgh and Aberdeen. I was very happy with what I saw there, as the scenery was of the high quality that I expected from the other GenX VFR volumes.

However, my next trip was from Inverness down the Great Glen to Loch Linnhe, and I was very disappointed to find several very abrupt colour changes, particularly along Loch Ness. Some of these might have been taken for cloud shadows, except that the edges were much too sharp. There were also a few sharply bounded areas of very washed-out colour - so pale that it was difficult to see whether the textures were sharp, or in some cases even whether there were any textures. Since I didn't have the slow installation experience reported by some users, I wonder whether I have a faulty installation. Has anyone else noticed these or similar poor colour transitions?

Thanks,

Dugald

I've seen similar problems at the western end of Glencoe and down the coast to Oban, so I don't think it's your installation. Mine went in with no bother as well though.

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I'll report it on the Flightstore forum and see what happens.

Dugald

The reply from the Administrator on the Flightstore forum was that these discontinuities are present in the Google map data, which is used for the VFR photoscenery. I have checked these areas in Google maps, and the discontinuities really are there. You probably won't notice them until you zoom in very close, but as I zoomed in one area I actually saw a colour switch from normal "Google maps green" to the washed-out  pink that I saw in the GenX scenery. So don't blame Playsims - and I still think this volume is worth the price.

Dugald

ive bought this, it was delivered by the next day.. amazing service.

Takes forever to install, though. 

14ppkc-6.png