Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Jet Airways ops

Hello folks, I'm in India and will be going on a few NG flights on Jet Airways, one of the leading Indian air carriers.   I intend to fly some of the routes I embark on in the PMDG NGX when I return home, and was curious to know if anyone can shed some light on some details of this airline as it pertains to the NG, such as equipment options, SOP, etc.  

Hello folks, I'm in India and will be going on a few NG flights on Jet Airways, one of the leading Indian air carriers.   I intend to fly some of the routes I embark on in the PMDG NGX when I return home, and was curious to know if anyone can shed some light on some details of this airline as it pertains to the NG, such as equipment options, SOP, etc.  

I dont have very much info but this is what I have gleamed from talking to some RW NG pilots with Jet Airways:

Most have no HUDs but are qualified for extended overwater operations as they do alot of routes across the Indian Ocean into Asia Pac, no sat com for passengers - everything else is standard I think. As for SOPs - no idea - try and chat to some of the crew on your flights - they are normally a very friendly bunch at Jet Airways

Thanks for the insight Elliot.  I returned from one of my trips, Bangalore to Kolkata, the outbound on a -800, the return trip on a -700.  No chance to chat up with any crew, but I did see lots of Indigo crew at the hotel I was at in Kolkata, shame they are Scarebus pilots.  Took lots of photos and notes, it appears they use flaps 5 for takeoff, accel/climb thrust at 800ft or so.  

I return mid August, I'm almost wishing the PMDG T7 doesn't release at that time until I have a chance to simulate the flights in the NGX, as I'm sure once the T7 is out I will forget about the NGX.  

I am from India.

I have recently bought payware sceneries for New Delhi and Mumbai for FSX and am too looking at aplying RL procedures for FSX.

As for Jet Airways they are the oldest, largest and most experienced operator of the 737NG family from the 733 to the 739 in India.

I do know a couple of RL 737NG pilots and can ask them for help. If they do agree to help me. I'll put info here. 

Do let me know what exactly you are looking for so I can ask them specific questions.

Manish

Hi Manish, I returned back to the U.S. from my travels in India.  Had a wonderful time flying in the Jet Airways NGs!   Flew 4 legs, VOBL-VECC, VECC-VOBL, VOBL-VABB, VABB-VOBL, the first on a -800 and the rest on -700s. 

I am mainly interested in the following info:

Cost Index

Fixed Derate and/or Assumed Temp Derate options

Climb thrust and Acceleration height

Additional information if you can manage to get would be cockpit equipment options.  I can glean some of this from the few cockpit pictures on Airliners.net, but it would be cool if there is more knowledge they could share, such as the lower display unit in particular.  From Airliners.net, it appears they use it to display surveillance images of the cabin behind the cockpit door.  I wonder if they also can toggle to a display of the hydraulics fluid levels, or for testing the movement of the ailerons, elevator, rudder. 

Thanks again for your help!   I loved seeing India, I would love to share photos of the flights if you are interested!

Additional information if you can manage to get would be cockpit equipment options.  I can glean some of this from the few cockpit pictures on Airliners.net, but it would be cool if there is more knowledge they could share, such as the lower display unit in particular.  From Airliners.net, it appears they use it to display surveillance images of the cabin behind the cockpit door.  I wonder if they also can toggle to a display of the hydraulics fluid levels, or for testing the movement of the ailerons, elevator, rudder.

The camera is brought up on the lower DU from a button on the pedestal. The SYS/ENG buttons above the upper DU still function as normal.

Most airlines don't have the flight controls/brake temperature indicators. The only instance where I have seen both are on the NG's at Air Austraul.