Sign in to follow this  
Moe

Mapping controls

Hi Moe,

there is no starter.

There is just the aircraft on/off command, default mapped to B, which actually does more than start the aircraft.

If you hit B the the aircrafts "resets": Motor on/off, lights on/off, Flap and Trim reset to 0, Gear down,Mixture and Propeller 100%.

Anyway you can map this function to any other key or button you want.

I don`t know about this special panel, but all input devices that are recognized should work.

Forgot to mention that there is actually a starter. But it has to be manually pushed in the 3D cockpit. I rarely use keyboard commands. I prefer pushing the buttons in the virtual 3D cockpit.

Sent from Galaxy Ace2 via Tapatalk2

Thanks. That is what I do to. I am just getting tired of trying to turn the ignition key with the mouse wheel and accidently changing the zoom.

Instead of using mouseweheel you can also use the left mouse button, click/hold on the key and drag it to the right/left or up/down to start.

If you are manually editing the controls xml file, you should be able to use a key\button to toggle the starter, but I haven't tried it myself.  Try using this event name: Engine.ToggleStarterSwitch, that will turn the starter on when you push the button, and you have to push it again to turn it off.  That might be bad if you leave it on, so instead you could use this event, which means when the button is pushed down, it will be on, but off when it is not pushed: Event.StarterSwitch

Ok I might try this. I have played with the standard.XML and I have played with XML's in P3D.

Moe